Monday, February 27, 2012

Simple Hat for Luke


This little boy is growing much too fast. I know everybody says time goes quickly and kids grow like weeds but it really is true. Luke already has outgrown two sizes of clothes including his little blue hat. So since the weather here decided to actually be cool lately I spent an afternoon nap snuggling with my boy and crocheting him a quick beanie. It is just a simple double stitch, crocheted from the top down. I added a few rows of single stitch at the end to give the hat a little interest. I used a soft black yarn that long ago lost its packaging so I'm not sure what brand it is. It was so enjoyable to hold him and crochet at the same time. I love snuggling with him but also like to feel productive.

This is the first thing I have made for my boy but I look forward to many more mama-made items. What are some of your favorite things to make for the little ones in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment