Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Homemade Granola


I first spotted this peanut butter maple granola from Dinner With Julie on Pinterest. It looked so delicious I knew I had to try it. I had all the ingredients on hand except the sliced almonds. I thought about just skipping them or substituting another nut since almonds can be a bit expensive but then I saw a bag of locally grown almond slivers at the store for 99 cents. Perfect. So I ran home and mixed up a batch. My first comment is that the house smelled amazing while this was baking in the oven. It is reason enough to make more. Secondly it was delicious. Half of it disappeared while it was cooling on the counter. The next morning I enjoyed the last of it with some milk. I have been meaning to make more ever since and I'm hoping to find time to today. I'm also looking forward to trying different variations of fruits and nuts. Now that I know how easy granola is to make I see alot of it in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment