Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby Quilt: Greens and Brown


 I have made a few baby quilts over the past couple years as gifts for expecting friends and family. This one is made from some of my favorite fabrics from Anna Maria Horner. The front is a simple patchwork similar to some quilts I've made before using her Chocolate Lollipop line of fabrics. I then added a soft flannel fabric for the back, from her Folksy Flannels. I really love putting flannel on the back of baby quilts. It adds just the right amount of warmth for a light blanket as well as adding a super soft feel for the baby. I used a solid brown Kona fabric to make the binding which was finished with hand stitching. The quilting is just a few straight lines to hold the layers together.


The finished size is 34 inches by 41 inches so it is perfect for a baby, toddler, or young child. It is also great for using as a play mat or even a wall hanging. This is the first quilt I've made for in my new Etsy shop. If you'd like to take a look you can find the listing here. The shop is new (like the blog) so let me know what you think. I have some more things to add in the next few days so check back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment