Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Little Game of Tag

Tara at True, Pure, Lovely tagged me awhile back with a few questions. Hopefully she will forgive my delay and enjoy the answers to her thoughtful questions. If you haven't checked Tara's blog out before you definitely should. She has some inspirational kids clothing posts. She is always creating something fun and inspiring me to make more clothes for my kids.


So want to find out a little more about me? On with the questions. 


1. When you were little,what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a mom. Lucky for me, I met the man of my dreams and he works hard so I can stay home with our three children. I feel very blessed!

2. What skill would you like to learn?
This is a hard question because there are so many. I love the learning process. Currently increasing my knitting skills, learning to sew and even draft patterns for kids clothes, and becoming a better photographer are all high on the list.

3. What is your favorite season?
Autumn. I love the colors, the holidays, the food, the weather...I could go on and on.

4. What is your favorite t.v. series (past or current)?
Hmm. Nothing comes to mind right away. We don't have cable and don't watch too much television. However, recently I've been watching, and loving, Mad Men and I can hardly wait for more Downton Abbey.

5. If calories didn't exists what food would you eat all the time?
Carbs! Hands down.

6. What was the first book you remember really liking?
I read a lot as a kid. I remember always loving time spent with a good book. Not sure what the first was but Little House on the Prairie, Nancy Drew, the Secret Garden, and the Babysitter Club books would all be at the top of my list.

7. What is your favorite time of day?
I'm usually a morning person. But that only counts if I've had enough sleep.

8. What  was your first job?
Doing filing and basic office work for my dad.

9. What was your favorite birthday?
I remember many birthdays growing up fondly but this past year was really fun. My husband really spoiled me.

10. What was your worst cooking disaster?
Ok this could be a whole blog post itself but here's the shorthand version. It was a few months after we were married and it was Shane's birthday. I wanted to be a good wife and surprise them with a special cake when he returned home. The baking went alright but moments before he came in the door I was pulling the pan out of the oven and burnt myself badly. I did not want to ruin his birthday so I still tried to sing him happy birthday through my tears. Good intentions but completely ludicrous.

11. What is your favorite color?

Green.


Thanks Tara for the fun questions. I hope you all had fun getting a glimpse inside my head. Until next time.

1 comment: